How to Write your Online Dating Profile
When creating your profile in online dating, it is imperative to be sincere and to the point. In doing so, you boost your chances to find the person who has similar interests and thinks like you. Stuff in your profile must be truthful, and more importantly, do not lie to other online users; and yourself for that matter. Here is a list of the points to remember in creating your online dating profile:
1. Birthday - It's easy to lie about your age, but when you do you instantly create a gap between yourself and your potential partner since the truth will surely surface soon.
2. Religion - Religion is important for a lot of online users which is why it is important not to lie about this one as well. Once more, lying will hurt you in the future as the truth will surface sooner or later.
3. Nationality - The aim is to meet up with the online user you are interacting with online. If you lie about your nationality, then the other online user can easily discover about it in the near future.
4. Likes/Dislikes - Online dating websites frequently allows a user to discuss his/her interests and your pet peeves or likes and dislikes. The questions can differ from each site. Each of the questions is important so try to answer each and every one accurately and do not leave anything unanswered. This increases your odds of locating the right partner.
5. Sexual Questions - Although it can be difficult for some users, online dating websites would sometimes ask you about your sexual preference as well as other related questions. On the other hand, answering this may also increase your chances of not just finding the user to match you mentally, but sexually too.
Your online dating profile is very, very important. This cannot be pointed out enough. This is the first thing other people will see about you and also, this is where users may discover you. Writing a fake profile that makes you look very attractive can lead to more users contacting and interacting with you, but this will never last long because everything is based on lies. In the long run, you won't get your money's worth because you never found your perfect partner. But, if you write your online dating profile honestly, then you will increase your odds of locating a person who thinks like you and at the same time has the same interests of likes.
Simply put, the objective is to meet someone. If you lie right off the bat, then chances are you won't meet the perfect person for you. It is more of quality over quantity. It is true that if you do stay honest you can have less people to talk with, on the other hand, these are the people who, based on your likes as well as how you wrote your profile, are right for you.